The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect, or may collect, and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name, email address gender and other contact details)
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Profile Data includes any username and password, copies of any communications with us, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website and services.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
We do not seek to identify individual visitors to this website unless you sign up to receive our newsletter, contact us via a form on this website or send us an email
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity and Contact Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- receive our services;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you; or
- give us some feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, and other similar technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources.
- Technical Data from certain third party providers
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly availably sources such as Companies House in the United Kingdom, equivalent corporate registrars worldwide and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- to communicate effectively with you and conduct our business, including to respond to your queries, to otherwise communicate with you, or to carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us, which in some circumstances may include passing your data to third parties such as agents or contractors or to our advisors (e.g. legal, financial, business or other advisors and representatives).
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
How we store your personal information
No data transmission over the Internet or website can be guaranteed to be secure from intrusion. However, we maintain commercially reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information in accordance with data protection legislative requirements.
All information you provide to us is stored on our or our subcontractors’ secure servers and accessed and used subject to our security policies and standards.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.